BECOME A NUPES RUN THE CITY “DEAN”
Nupes Run The City is a grassroots organization that has turned into a movement because Nupes across the country want to activate change in their area with other men of Kappa. NRTC Deans serve as the heart and soul of the organization and we’re always looking for men of Kappa who love to run, lift, and cycle by impacting the lives in their local areas and have a passion for helping other Nupes do the same. From organizing and leading group Xross training sessions, to hosting special workshops for members, Deans volunteer their time to encourage Nupes to live an active and healthy lifestyle, all while achieving in every field of human endeavor.
HAS A CALL FOR A CHAPTER BEEN MADE IN YOUR CITY?
Here’s a few things you should know before applying to become a Dean.
AM I DEAN MATERIAL?
- Deans should have a positive attitude towards all members.
- Demonstrates good leadership characteristics.
- Ability to manage various personalities.
- Consistent fitness participant.
- Avid runner with the ability to complete at least a 10K.
WHAT ARE MY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES?
- Promotes the Nupes Run The City mission and vision to all men of Kappa Alpha Psi.
- Manages the day-to-day management of the group on Facebook and NupesRunTheCity.com.
- Posts all major announcements from Nupes Run The City.
- Plan group fitness events.
- Plan fitness-related meetups. (meet and greets, socials and clinics)
- Recruits Assistant Deans and/or group fitness Assistant Deans.
- Responds to all local media request once approved by Nupes Run The City.
- Actively participate and engages in member conversation via Facebook and NupesRunTheCity.com website.
- All Deans can serve for a maximum of 2 consecutive years.
- Time commitment: 2-4 hours per week.
HOW ARE DEANS CHOSEN?
- Interested members should complete our Ambassador questionnaire.
- Selected candidates will complete a phone interview with the Founder and/or Regional Deans and Deans.
- The Founder and current Deans/Regionals team make the selection.
- Candidates are notified via email.
- Regional Deans begins training new Deans on rules, regulations, guidelines and administration.
- 10% additional off merchandise in the Nupes Run The City store.
- Complimentary Nupes Run The City conference and race registration.
- Swag bags and gifts throughout the year.
- A memorable experience helping other Nupes on their health an well being journey!